[vlc] HDTV Reception/Tuning and Streaming - Can it be Done in VLC?

Jamal Hannah jah1936 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 18:48:58 CET 2008

I am just wondering if it's possible to have VLC media player act as a
media station/server for any HDTV card (I assume there are a few places
the streamed video end up in the system that could be consistently
accessed - or does every HDTV card driver handle it differently?) and
then send the live video over the internet as a stream someplace. This
way, people could watch regional television from different parts of the
world, depending on a person's local broadcast or cable service. Maybe
VLC could even allow the client to control the source's TV channel? Who
knows, but I know this is possible, and the idea of watching, say,
cable tv from Finland, etc, using someone's HDTV card there, while one
is in Chicago, would be a great idea.