[vlc] stream flv behind NAT

do manh doan domanh_doan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 02:08:22 CET 2008

Daniel Pek <pekdaniel at gmail.com> wrote:  Hi!

I'm really new in vlc, and I have a problem. The scheme i would like
to "implement" is the following:
clients should put their streams (maybe behind NAT) to a central
server, which broadcast them
the source of the streams are wavs, or any kind of formats, which
hardware digitalizers can produce
the broadcasted streams should be valid flv (with or without video
data) to display them in web-browser in flash-players
with a little ascii art:

src1 o---| | ___ ________
| | / \ | |
src2 o---|NAT|--|NET|---|Server|---* broadcast on http://server:port/stream.flv
| | \___/ |______|
src3 o---| |

src1, src2, src3 are wavs, or any other (tipically mpg) stream. They
should connect to Server, and put their streams to it, and the server
should be able to identify the streams by something (maybe an ID), but
i don't want to use more than one port. If i have the streams, i can
transcode them to flv, this is not a problem. So which protocol do you
recommend, and what's the best solution for this situation?

Thanks for help in advance,
Dani
you can send me command line to stream .flv file in vlc.Now i am using vlc-0.8.6c and i want to stream reat-time data from webcam to other host.Please help me