[vlc] Fwd: Help Urgent, please!

Velentim62 valentim62 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:27:59 CET 2008

 Good evening,

I read all posts in the forum and all documentation and i know how to use
vlm for multiple streaming and vod.

The problem is:

When i use the Wizard (wxWidget) i can stream correctly. But i need to use
VLM, because i'm doing a little system that can simulate a IPTV service. So
i need multiple streaming for multicast adresses and VOD. But when i try to
use the command line it doesn't work. Example, if i open a command line and
write *vlc -vvv input_stream --sout '#duplicate{dst=
standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=239.255.12.42,sap,name="TestStream"},
dst=standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.2}}'*, nothing happens. Then i
go to the messages and i see:
**

stream_out_standard error: no access _and_ no muxer (fatal error)

main error: stream chain failed for
`std{mux="",access="",dst="'#duplicate{dst="}'

main error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

stream_out_standard error: no access _and_ no muxer (fatal error)

main error: stream chain failed for
`std{mux="",access="",dst="'#duplicate{dst="}'

main error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

stream_out_standard error: no access _and_ no muxer (fatal error)

main error: stream chain failed for
`std{mux="",access="",dst="'#duplicate{dst="}'

main error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

stream_out_standard error: no access _and_ no muxer (fatal error)

main error: stream chain failed for
`std{mux="",access="",dst="'#duplicate{dst="}'

main error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

stream_out_standard error: no access _and_ no muxer (fatal error)

main error: stream chain failed for
`std{mux="",access="",dst="'#duplicate{dst="}'

main error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

No access and no muxer? But it runs on the Wizard!

I have a problem with launching telnet interface too.

- I open a windows console (DOS) and i type the command: *vlc --intf
telnet*--> nothing happens;
*Then i type: vlc --extraintf telnet.*
The vlc is launched but in the wxWindows interface! Nevertheless, i go
to the *settings-->add interface-->telnet interface* and still nothing
happens!
I tried the basic example: *vlc --ttl 12 -vvv --color -I telnet
--telnet-password videolan --rtsp-host*
*0.0.0.0:5554*<http://0.0.0.0:5554/>and yet no results. The telnet
interface is suposed to appear so i could
enter command lines like "new Test vod enabled" and so on.

What's going on, can you help me, please?
**

So the problem, as you see, is that i can't launch de telnet interface, i
can't use the command line and don´t know why...is so pretty because i like
vlc very much and i need it to run a little project on college.

There is a problam with installation? I downloaded from this website and
run the file vlc-0.8.6d-win32.exe and nothing more.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks in advance.