[vlc] [Problem] How to enable EXTVLCOPT m3u parsing?

Buschor Mark mark.buschor at id.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 21 15:56:41 CET 2008

Hello

I have a problem with my vlc. I wan't to watch some streams over it and
a error occurs.

playlist error: m3u EXTVLCOPT parsing is disabled for security reasons.
If you need it and trust the m3u playlist you are trying to open, please
append --m3u-extvlcopt to you command line.

Where do I type this in?

When I open the commandline "cmd" and type in
"C:\"path-to-vlc-folder\vlc\vlc.exe --m3u-extvlcopt the vlc seems to
start normal (I see no changes) but the stream doesn't start.

Where do I type this in to enable the m3u-parsing?

Thanks 4 help

Kind regards
M. Buschor