[vlc] VLC, Streaming, VOD... How does it work?

vincent genevois dany8fr at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 22 18:05:47 CET 2008

Hello everyone.

I am using Linux and VLC and working on a project
about streaming and VOD and I am looking for an
information.
In fact, I would like to know where does VLC (which
script, which function) analyze an argument as a video
to play.
For example, I launch VLC as a client asking for a VOD
on a server (which is at the address @IP) with a line
:

./vlc rtsp://@IP/vod_name

I would like to know where VLC analyze the argument as
a RTSP request, and to go further, how could I do to
launch more than one VOD at the same time on one
client, with that type of command :

./vlc retsp://@IP1/vod1 rtsp://@IP2/vod2

I don't know if my problem has been weel explained,
but if someone understand what I mean, that would be
great to help me.

Thak you. Vince