[vlc] Authorization to include VLC on covermounted CD/DVD (deadline 21st july)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Jul 22 21:59:09 CEST 2008

	Hello,

Le mercredi 16 juillet 2008 01:29:13 Roberto Cattaneo, vous avez écrit :
> We have selected VLC as one of the most interesting shareware/freeware, and
> we really would like to include it on PCW's covermounted discs (CD and DVD)
> and in the download area on PC World site (www.pcworld.it).
>
> In order to grant us the authorization to include your software into the
> next issues PC World's covermounted CD/DVD, you just need to respond to
> this e-mail. Your software will be included in each monthly issue (CD and
> DVD) of PC World Italy, until you stop the authorization to publish it. The
> next CD/DVD will be closed on tuesday 21st of july. If you can grant the
> authorization as soon as you can, it will be great.

Commercial distribution of the VLC media player is permitted, subject to the
terms of the GNU General Public License version 2. The detailled terms are
here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html#SEC3

If you include the unmodified software, you basically should provide a way for
your customers to obtain the source code. For instance, you can include a
copy of the source code along with the executable installer.

Thanks for your interest and best regards,

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/