[vlc] Silent Installation of "vlc-0.8.6e-win32.exe"

Zoia, Yves FKD Yves.Zoia at bl.ch
Mon Mar 10 16:38:13 CET 2008

Dear Support-Team of VLC

I have two questions:

We would like to use the "vlc-0.8.6e-win32.exe" Software in our Government environment in Switzerland, we talking, of about 4'000 Clients.

1.	What do we have to do for licensing?

Because the environment is that big, we would like to install the Software wit our Software-Distribution Tool which is "Enteo NetInstall"

That fore we want to do it in a Silent mode. We have found all possible parameters for NSIS Installer, but there is no parameter to choose between a Full, Recommended or Custom, installation. So, by installing the application silently, we don't know which one, the Full, Recommended or Custom will be choosen.

2.	Can you please tell us, if there is a way to always install a Full Version of VLC in silent mode?

Best Regards and thank you for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Yves Zoia
__________________________________

Zentrale Informatikdienste ZID