[vlc] Silent Installation of "vlc-0.8.6e-win32.exe"

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Mar 11 23:06:59 CET 2008

	Hello,

Le Monday 10 March 2008 17:38:13 Zoia, Yves FKD, vous avez écrit :
> We would like to use the "vlc-0.8.6e-win32.exe" Software in our Government
> environment in Switzerland, we talking, of about 4'000 Clients.
>
> 1.	What do we have to do for licensing?

We have no restrictions on usage purpose (governmental or otherwise). It's
always nice to tell us about large deployment, but usage and internal
distribution of the software is essentially unrestricted.

> Because the environment is that big, we would like to install the Software
> wit our Software-Distribution Tool which is "Enteo NetInstall"
>
> That fore we want to do it in a Silent mode. We have found all possible
> parameters for NSIS Installer, but there is no parameter to choose between
> a Full, Recommended or Custom, installation. So, by installing the
> application silently, we don't know which one, the Full, Recommended or
> Custom will be choosen.
>
> 2.	Can you please tell us, if there is a way to always install a Full
> Version of VLC in silent mode?

At least, you could deploy the zipped version, possibly repackaged. The only
thing you'll be missing are the file type associations. You may want to add a
custom configuration file (vlcrc).

I'll let someone else to comment on the NSIS stuff.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont