[vlc] VLC et Telnet

Pierre Robidoux Pierre.Robidoux at RADIO-CANADA.CA
Fri May 2 21:26:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I built several remote control (via IP) and automation systems for the radio network departement.
I understand that VideoLAN offers a Telnet interface for the VLC Media player.

I would like to design a remote control (via IP) for the VLC Player.
I read several pages on your web site but did not figure out how to establish an HyperTerminal commection with VLC ...

- How should I setup and/or configure VLC to accept Telnet commands ?
- What would be the configuration of HyperTerminal ?
- What are the (complete) Telnet command set ?

After establishing a working connexion between VLC and HyperTerminal, using the set of commands, I will be enable to design a workable project.

Thanks,

Pierre

________________________________

Pierre Robidoux, ing.

Premier ingénieur, Production,
Nouvelles technologies de radiodiffusion
Stratégie & Planification
Technologies de Radio-Canada

Senior Engineer, Production,
New Broadcast Technologies
Strategy & Planning
CBC Technology

Tel.: (514) 597-7027
Cell: (514) 229-5632
Fax:  (514) 597-3838
E Mail: pierre_robidoux at radio-canada.ca

1400, boul. René-Lévesque Est, Suite A76-82
Montréal (Québec) Canada, H2L 2M2