[vlc] Activate Deinterface-Filter permanently

Stephan Scholze Stephan.Scholze at stoeber.de
Tue Nov 11 10:09:40 CET 2008

Dear videolan-group.

I am a dummy vlc user, but very happy with the software except one problem
that I can't solve:

I need to activate the deinterlace filter and I did as been told on the
videolan-wiki. But it is not stored. Even if I replay the video vlc fals
back to the interlaced mode and the video looks ugly again.

Any idea? Please help me

best regards

Stephan Scholze

Germany

my VLC-Software version: 0.9.4 grishenko

http://wiki.videolan.org/Deinterlace#X
VLC settings
VLC has deinterlacing disabled by default. You can enable it for the
current video by using the menus or right-clicking.
To make deinterlacing the default, go to Preferences/Video/Filters; also
change the deinterlace mode in Preferences/Video/Filters/Deinterlace.
Unfortunately, VLC will then apply deinterlacing even if the original is
not interlaced, which is a really bad idea.