[vlc] Stream Flash video through a CDN

Dan M dan at catfolks.net
Tue Nov 11 00:02:19 CET 2008

I am currently stream Flash video through the Edgecast CDN using a
Windows-based streaming box. I'd really like to find a way to do this
from a Linux platform instead. I see on wiki.videolan.org/Flv that with
a late enough version of vlc and ffmpeg it's possible to stream Flash
content directly from vlc; is it possible to get vlc to publish to a CDN?

I've been reading through all of the FAQs I've been able find but
haven't been able to find an answer to this question yet.