[vlc] 0.9.6 versions

outgoing at unique.cc outgoing at unique.cc
Tue Nov 18 18:41:58 CET 2008

I also experienced FLV issues with 0.9.6, and am using a nightly build
to compensate (1.0.0, but I notice we are back to 0.9.7 - ????)
PortableApps.com, John Haller's shop, released a portable version of
0.9.6 release 2, which he says fixes the FLV problem, but I don't see a
release 2 in your list of downloads.  Pending the next real (and
working) release, how do we know what version of 0.9.6 we have and,
short of trying, if it will work? Did you make a release 2 or is John
fudging from a 0.9.7 build?
Should I just give up and set everyone up with the portable version 2?

[I work with students at the University of Oregon]