[vlc] VLC Crashing on certain DVD titles

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Oct 7 21:00:33 CEST 2008

On 7 okt 2008, at 10:03, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 03:13:51 +0000 (UTC), Thomas Schweikle <tps at vr-web.de
> >
> wrote:
>> VLC crashes on certain DVD titles. This is for VLC version 0.8.6e,
>> 0.9.2,
>> and 0.9.4. Same error messages for all of them. I tried Ubuntu hardy
>> (only 0.8.6e available) and Windows XP Pro, (0.9.2 and 0.9.4
>> nightlies).
>
> Looks a lot like a bug in libdvdnav. Did you try with another
> libdvdnav-based player?

libdvdnav triggers many asserts and crashes on various DVDs clearly
some of the things that are NEVER supposed to happen, are clearly
common on certain commercial DVDs. Anyways, development of libdvdnav
is only just being picked up again atm lets hope that it will improve
further in the coming year.

DJ