[vlc] error:cannot load module libmpeg2 (libmpeg2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

roro vlc_roro at foxmail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:18:47 CEST 2008

Hi Eolande Group

I want to use vlc under arm(pxa320) architecture.
and vlc version is 0.8.6i.
Now while I run vlc -l -vv --reset-plugins-cache, I got the error message:

[root at Linux player]#./vlc -l -vv --reset-plugins-cache
VLC media player 0.8.6i Janus
starting VLC root wrapper... using UID 0 (root)
***************************************
* Running VLC as root is discouraged. *
***************************************

 It is potentially dangerous, and might not even work properly.
[00000001] main private debug: checking builtin modules
[00000001] main private debug: checking plugin modules
[00000001] main private debug: removing plugins cache file /root/.vlc/cache/plugins-04041e.dat
[00000001] main private debug: recursively browsing `/usr/local/lib/vlc'
[00000001] main private warning: cannot load module `/usr/local/lib/vlc/codec/liblibmpeg2_plugin.so' (libmpeg2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[00000001] main private debug: module bank initialized, found 1 modules
  main                  main program
  help                  Help options
[00000001] main private debug: saving plugins cache file /root/.vlc/cache/plugins-04041e.dat

But I can load the libmpeg2 successfully under my cross-complier
environment(scratchbox),while run vlc -l.

VLC media player 0.8.6i Janus
  main                  main program
  help                  Help options
 libmpeg2              MPEG I/II video decoder (using libmpeg2)

My configure is that:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure \
                                        --with-tuning-xscale \
                                        --disable-wxwidget \
                                        --disable-skins2 \
                                        --disable-mad \