[vlc] Request from a computer novice - HELP Please

Serge Nutelet sergenunu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:29:39 CEST 2008

Good morning to whom it may concern

Really sorry to disturb you with this, but I am really a novice in computer
(I am 52 years old and this is my first private PC).

Your device VLC 9.2 ( in French - which is good as it is my mother
language ) seems really good, really interesting, even really simple to use
for almost everybody but me....After hours and hours of research on the
internet and xxxx tests, I am still not able to do any *records on my
computer disk* to be able to *watch them* a few days later *without being
connected to the internet*.

In fact, I' d like to be able to do 2 thinks which are called " record
streaming " ( I think ):

Record with a url address via directshow or Record by choosing with the
moose the spot to be recorded on my screen while watching a movie

I don't understand anything about: asf, ps, mpg, etc....      //     I think
I get a few things....as:

Média   -  Ouvrir un flux de réseau
Protocole: HTTP -  Copy the URL Address
Diffusé: Jouer en local  + Fichier - Non du fichier: (parcourir) ??? I need
to give a name with....: .ps, .asf, .flv, ogg, ...etc...???
Than......????
ENCAPSULATION, CODEC, .....?????
I suppose...: GARDER LE FLUX DE SORTIE ACTIF...???

ANYWAY, I CAN NOT DO IT
Could somebody please be so kind to take a few minutes (four you computer's
guys) to try to explain this to me.....????
( Even in English I will manage )

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT, PLEASE PLEASE DO IT STEP BY STEP AS IF YOU WERE
TALKING TO AN " IMBECILE " WHICH IS MAYBE THE CASE.....

A MILLION OR BILLION THANKS AN ADVANCE / Serge Nutelet - Belgium