[vlc] VLC media player vulnerability #1

Tobias Klein tk at trapkit.de
Fri Oct 17 22:42:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've found a serious security vulnerability in the VLC media player. I
have a detailed description of the vulnerability available that I want
to share with you so that you can fix the bug. It would be nice if you
would forward this mail to the appropriate people within VideoLAN that
usually deal with security issues in VLC media player.

If you are interested in the detailed description of the vulnerability
please send me your PGP/GPG key so that I can encrypt the information.
Please give me some feedback on this, even if you are not interested in
the detailed description of the security vulnerability.

Thanks,
Tobias Klein