[vlc] VLC media player 0.9.4 Grishenko version --- feedback from a user

Rafael Perez-Santana faosfx at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 20:33:33 CEST 2008

This version is much nicer looking but I have spotted a few annoying factors.

1. When inside the preferences dialog box, VLC tends to switch back to the video in a couple of seconds. It gets very
annoying because there is a lot to configure and a user will spend atleast over 1+ minutes max on this dialog box.

2. Resetting Preferences sometimes causes VLC media player to crash.

3. The De-Interlacing video filters will work correctly but after permanently switching them to Liner/Bob which is supposed
to be incredibly smooth, skips a couple of frames (is not smooth) after some time.

4. Can the Preferences dialog box please remember my chosen setting of simple/show all? If I want to see all settings, it should stay that way not revert back to simple which is no good for some people.

I have not spotted anything else but i'll keep an eye on....this version is some what a little annoying in a way. Hoping for
the best on the next release, thanks guys, its free after all and I know you guys work very hard on this. Its easy to spot
a bug or an issue but its not easy to fix, so I put myself in your shoes, hope you get these sorted out!

Thanks for a great piece of software!