[vlc] --start-time doesn't work with local files

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 23:42:57 CEST 2008

I'm not sure, but part of it may be simply that you need the key frame to
get the full picture cleanly.

For example, it's possible to have a key frame interval of 200 frames,
which, at 30 frames per second, would mean you might have up to 6-2/3
seconds of video before you get the first full frame.

Is what you're seeing kind of like a broken cable TV signal, where you just
see these big blocks for a handful of seconds, then suddenly you get a clear
frame and the video is good after that?

  _____