[vlc] Problem with locked MKV files

Ivan Strakhov ivanstrakhov at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 20:53:40 CEST 2008

Hello,

For the past couple of stable releases of VLC player, I have encountered an issue where if you have several MKV files in a folder and play one of them in VLC player then all MKV files will be hooked into the process of vlc.exe. To the best of my knowledge this should not happen.

Here are the details:

1. Operating system and version: Windows Vista Business 32-bit, 6.0.6001 SP1 Build 6001
2. VLC Media Player version: 0.9.4
3. Hardware used: MSI GeForce NX8800GT Zilent graphics card and Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

I hope for this issue to be solved and to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Ivan