[vlc] 0.9.4 and raw1394

Václav Koldus vaclav.koldus at avpark.cz
Fri Oct 24 18:51:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

i'm trying to stream video from raw1394 input over lan. But even when
I try to play dv input localy, I'm stuck on 'pre buffering' and after
stopping
vlc I've got: "main stream error: cannot prefill buffer". Seems that nothing
is coming from DV input.

I'm doing just this:
vlc -vvv dv/rawdv:///dev/raw1394

it's probably not an permissin issue, I don't get any permission related
or even input opening related errors. Vlc just waits for input and it
won't come.

I've got my own build of VLC 0.9.4 (binary for Arch linux doesn't have
dv support compiled.) Configured with:
--disable-dc1394 --enable-dv --disable-dvdnav --disable-smb
--disable-gnomevfs
--disable-wxwidgets --disable-skins2 --without-x --disable-imageresample
--disable-swscale

Anyone any suggestions why?

Thanks in advance.

Vaclav Koldus