[vlc] VLC 0.8.6 end of support

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Mon Sep 1 16:24:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:56:45 +0200, "hannes_b at gmx.at" <hannes_b at gmx.at>
wrote:
> Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:42:22 +0200, "hannes_b at gmx.at" <hannes_b at gmx.at>
>> wrote:
>>> how should people know that 0.9.x is released?
>>
>> If you read this mail, you *do* know.
>
> yes i know but i am not everyone. think about the people who do NOT know
> it because they are not reading the mailinglist und do not know how to
> compile vlc.

They did not read the other email, did they?

I _could_ have put a news for http://www.videolan.org/security/sa0807.html,
you know. But would YOU have answered all the questions from users as to
how they install vlc-0.9.1.tar.bz2 to their Start menu?

I too can demand a timely Windows release. But how does it help? We have
been complaining about lack of Windows porter for how long? and all we get
is people demanding that we fix their Windows bugs and that we release the
working Windows binaries. This is not helping.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont