[vlc] VLC 0.9 Mozilla plugin

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Mon Sep 15 15:34:42 CEST 2008

Frank Bures wrote:
> Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>> Frank Bures wrote:

>>> I compiled VLC 0.9 on two different RHEL5 machines, one x86 and one x86_64.
>>> I did not specify any special configure parameters, but compilation of VLC
>>> plugin for Mozilla should be enabled by default (according to configure
>>> --help).
>>>
>>> I have no file libvlcplugin.so anywhere on any of those two systems.
>>>
>>> Are there any special parameters one has to enable during configure to get
>>> the plugin to compile?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Frank
>>>
>> You need to add --without-mozilla-sdk-path too.
>
> Do I need to have any special mozilla rpm packages installed?  Currently I
> only have firefox-3.0.1 installed.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Problem solved.  It was caused by missing x86_64 packages.  For some reason
'yum install' installed only i386 versions of firefox development libraries.

For the records, configure command that worked for me was:
./configure --enable-mozilla --without-mozilla-sdk-path

However, libvlcplugin.so was not automatically installed anywhere.
It resides in /usr/local/src/vlc-0.9.2/projects/mozilla/.libs/libvlcplugin.so

Cheers
Frank

--

<feeb at chem.utoronto.ca>