[vlc] Fullscreen mode and last.fm setup

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 10:03:15 CEST 2008

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

2008/9/16 Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>

> Hello Javi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 07:38:02AM +0200, Javier Gálvez Guerrero wrote :
> > I've build and installed VLC 0.9.2 in my Ubuntu 8.04 system and I have
> been
> > testing VLC for a while; some (simple) issues here.
> >
> > - When I set fullscreen mode sometimes the video appears just in native
> size
> > in the top left corner instead of actually fullscreen mode, while the
> rest
> > remains black. I've tried both opening the video in native size first and
> > then setting fullscreen and opening the video directly in fullscreen,
> same
> > results.
> DO you have a screnshot ?
>
> What is your compiler?

At the moment I'm not at home, so I'll send you a screenshot this afternoon.
I built and installed VLC following the INSTALL instructions and gcc was the
compiler I used. I'll tell you the version this afternoon as well if you
need it to track this isse.

I have tested VLC 0.9.2 in Windows XP SP2 today and fullscreen toggle seems
to work properly. By the way, under Linux I tested different videos and all
reproduce the same problem.

> > - I have been searching for the last.fm configuration but I was unable
> > find it. Could you please tell me where can I find it?
> Tools => Preferences => Audio => Last.fm.

I have checked this in Windows version (entered login and password) and it
doesn't work, my lastfm profile isn't updated. By the way, I find lastfm
configuration where you have told me when simple settings are shown, but if
I choose advanced settings I can't find it.

I'll update this afternoon with Linux feedback.

Regards,
Javi