[vlc] Can I transcode from UDP stream vlc can play to rtsp stream that Freebox plugin from mythtv can read ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Wed Sep 17 10:14:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

I can receive IP TV MPEG 2 streams on vlc. Excerpt from playlist :

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,1 - Program Name
udp://@x.x.x.x:5002

I have mythtv in my system with installed Freebox plugin (originally meant
to receive streams from Freebox provider), but currently UDP streams are not
supported on my system (upgrade of mythtv is not an option)... In freebox
plugin's playlist in mythtv I can specify rtsp streams :
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,2 - France 2
rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/stream?id=201
#EXTINF:0,3 - France 3 national
rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/stream?id=202
#EXTINF:0,5 - France 5
rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/stream?id=203
#EXTINF:0,7 - Arte
rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/stream?id=204

Can I somehow transcode programs from udp mpeg2 streams to rtsp to be
readable by mythtv ?
Can I do it for more programs at once or maybe even better on demand ?
Any other option to make server of received udp streams for my LAN - so I
could receive streams on VLC (my server has to be connected to separate LAN
segment to be able to receive udp streams, but could be easily trasncoded
and offered on my LAN for other clients ?

Sorry for maybe basic questions, I'm newbie in this field... I'd kindly ask
to be gentle on me and give me some guidance...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.