[vlc] drag and drop support?

Keith Kyzivat kkyzivat at tripleplayint.com
Wed Sep 17 16:48:02 CEST 2008

This no doubt was lost in the transition to a new Qt based GUI module.Don't
expect this feature to be added overnight, since the development team is
focusing on actual bugs found with the wide release now.

(Note: I am not an actual VLC developer)

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:45 AM, pixologe <pixologe at mailinator.com> wrote:

> Is it intended that 0.9.2 has no drag&drop support? Or is there just a
> setting which I did not find?
> I am running Vista and just switched to 0.9.2.
>
> Always liked VLC for being a lightweight player onto which I can drop any
> media file or folder from windows explorer.
> This is not nice, but would not be too bad, if I was able to at least open
> directory by pasting its path to a textfield. But having a
> click-click-click-click-only folder selection is def a show stopper for me
> and a reason to downgrade again.
>
> If possible, I would really love to see drag&drop support in VLC again.
>
> Cheers :)

Keith Kyzivat

SIPez LLC.
SIP VoIP, IM and Presence Consulting