[vlc] VLC v. 0.9.2 playlist on a Mac

Keith Kyzivat kkyzivat at tripleplayint.com
Wed Sep 17 16:51:21 CEST 2008

I think I see a problem with the wording -- Common people I don't think
associate "Node" with a concept like a folder or category.  Perhaps using
one of those two would be better...
I do see a problem with using "Folder" however -- it may confuse people into
thinking it refers to a filesystem directory...

"Category" on the other hand seems to infer that there is a predefined list
of what that could be... hum..

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Felix Paul Kühne <
fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 17.09.2008 um 02:06 schrieb Fran Calcraft:
>
> >   What I would like to know is what is the function of the button with
> > the plus sign at the bottom of the playlist window?  The textbox that
> > comes up when you click it asks you to enter the name of a node.  I
> > never realized that multimedia players had nodes.  What is a node for
> > VLC?  What kind of syntax does the name of a node use, and what can
> > you
> > do with a node?
>
> This button allows you to add custom nodes to the playlist, pretty
> similar to a folder. Just think of it as adding a sub folder. We don't
> require any special syntax. Just enter a name of your choice.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Felix

Keith Kyzivat

SIPez LLC.