[vlc] VLC 0.9.2 Critical Bug

Aaron Hochwald aaron.hcc at aon.at
Sat Sep 20 10:03:50 CEST 2008

Hi

I just installed the new release of the vlc media player, and have to say
that I am highly pleased with the new interface! However, I noticed a bug:
When playing a .wmv file, it is no longer possible to play the file from a
certain position on the timeline. Every time I set the courser, the player
crashes immediately and I get the windows error reporting dialogue.

I just wonder why this happens, because I had no problem with the 0.8.6i
release. On the older version, it just works perfectly fine.

The files were streamed with the SAP Multimedia Downloader, cause this works
for the mms:// protocol

Here is one URL: mms://streamx.ORF.at/wahl08/TV-Konfrontation_2008-09-18.wmv

My OS: Windows XP SP3

Greetings