[vlc] latest vlc with latest libavcodec doesn't compile

Greg Lee greg at ling.lll.hawaii.edu
Sun Sep 21 19:22:25 CEST 2008

Trying to compile on Linux a vlc gotten this morning (Sun Sept 21) from
the git repository, I get this error:

video.c: In function 'InitVideoDec':
video.c:198: error: 'AVCodecContext' has no member named 'bits_per_sample'
video.c:203: error: 'AVCodecContext' has no member named 'error_resilience'

These would be defined in /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h, but they're
not there.  My copy of this file is dated yesterday, Sept 20, and I'm
guessing there were some recent changes in ffmpeg which the vlc code
hasn't caught up with yet.

Should I just wait and hope this gets fixed, or ...?

--
Greg