[vlc] latest vlc with latest libavcodec doesn't compile

Greg Lee greg at ling.lll.hawaii.edu
Sun Sep 21 23:58:46 CEST 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:22:25 +0000, Greg Lee wrote:

> Trying to compile on Linux a vlc gotten this morning (Sun Sept 21) from
> the git repository, I get this error:
>
> video.c: In function 'InitVideoDec':
> video.c:198: error: 'AVCodecContext' has no member named
> 'bits_per_sample' video.c:203: error: 'AVCodecContext' has no member
> named 'error_resilience'

Well, never mind about this.  I was assuming the git repository
would have the most recent version, but evidently it doesn't.  I'm
trying to build from the source tarball for 0.9.2 now, and it
looks like the above bug is fixed.  But I can't compile this,
either, because of this error:
x264.c:1041: error: ‘x264_param_t’ has no member named ‘b_bframe_adaptive’

And indeed there is no 'b_bframe_adaptive' in my version of x264.h (though
there's a 'i_bframe_adaptive'), which I just now updated from the git
repository.  Maybe there's another version of x264 that I should be using?

--
Greg