[vlc] VLC Streaming Questions

Keith Kyzivat kamaji at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:09:42 CEST 2009

JVLC components currently use AWT Panels to play video to, which was not
suitable for a Swing project I was working on.  A co-worker of mine made a
small video out plugin that drew frames into a java-supplied buffer, which,
then, when in Java, would paint this to a JPanel, inside a custom JPanel (a
VideoPanel).  This code is not mature yet, and I'm not quite sure where it
is at the moment.  If I can dig something up for you, I'll do so.  I know I
won't be able to isolate the changes that were made to the VLC source
itself, as I did not see those changes.