[vlc] VLC Media Player Problems: Video Snapshots, Subtitles, Minimize to Taskbar/ System Tray

Siyal Khan siyal.khan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 06:37:47 CEST 2009

 I am using VLC Media Player Version 1.0.1 Goldeneye. I have been using
VLC Media
Player since 3 years. When my cousin introduced me to this media player
3 years back. 3 years before I use Windows Media Player and Real Player.
But they were not as good as VLC Media Player. It's very easy to
Install, Use and Understand. it's features. And It is not as heavy as
other Media Players.
The best feature available in this Media Player is it's "Video
Snapshots". Just
press "Shift+S" and I can take as many pictures as I want.
But now I am facing some problems using VLC Media Player Version 1.0.1
Goldeneye
that are listed below:

1) How could I take pictures (Video Snapshots) in 800*600, 1024*768 or
higher? How could I increase the size of the Snapshots taken. When I
take Snapshots they are in 320*240 resolutions or less than that. It
does not looks nice to me. I want to increase the sizeof the Video
Snapshots taken. How could I do that?

2) When I play some DVD. This DVD does not have subtitles file in it. So
it cannot load them. Then I downloaded the subtitles file from the
Internet. But the problem is that I cannot upload/ load that Subtitle
into this media player. When I ever I click "Video>Subtitle Track>Open
File" nothing happens. This problem occured in Version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.
Now tell me what should I do to Play a DVD while Uploading Subtitles
File from my PC? Help me to get rid of this problem.

3) My last question is that why can't VLC Media Player minimises go to
Taskbar as Windows Media Player 10/11 does, Or hides in System Tray like
JetAudio while playing the Music. It will be really helpfull for the users.

Looking forward for your answer.
Siyal Khan.