[vlc] VideoLAN -- forum was "dead" unaccessible all day Aug 18, now 19th still off line

george alykat.2006 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 09:52:47 CEST 2009

as mentioned in subject line, cannot get to the forum section all day aug 18 and now 19th.

I now have just a very short time of life remaining. Terminal lung cancer.
My user name is alykat

and I have a post about a bug that is still in v 1.0.1

FLV files with both audio and video the search bar or progress bar will let
you put mouse upon the moving bar and slide it back toward beginning or
to the right to advance toward the end, or wherever.

With AUDIO ONLY "FLV" files the bar does not work that way but goes to
the next or previous song.

I provided at least one "sample" audio only FLV file. Nothing has been done
yet.

I expect I may die in 2 weeks, or a month at most (that is doubtful). Check
out the 4 images at my own website which talks about the CT Scan of the
cancer, it's status as of last May. That is the 3rd and 4th images at this link

http://www.riverpages.com/believe-itl.html

Yes I will be dying VERY SOON. Will this bug be fixed soon? I have many
audio only FLV files and many normal audio/video FLV files. I did karaoke
singing at www.singsnap.com so if you browsed that site with MANY users
you would find many more songs with audio only.

I would like to put the "fixed version" of VLC Player onto the cd disc of my
audio and audio/video FLV files. Want to keep them all as FLV files, no
mixture to other types of files. My karaoke songs CD's will be for my sister
and friends and I wish to have the player on the CD also.

Please advise if the bug will be fixed soon. Should I try to find some other
player? And I hope the forum will soon become available. Not good to have
it off line all day.

Regards,

user  alykat