[vlc] the VLC Media Player

Leeor Vardi Leeor.Vardi at ivirtus.com
Thu Aug 20 13:17:32 CEST 2009

Dear VLC Team,

At the testing of a product at the company I work for, we have found a bug in playing back audio recordings in .mpg format that caused audio to stop after about 10 seconds.

We later discovered by accident, that this fault is unique to the VLC media player, which we use as one of our main video players for testing the product's video output files.

I ask that you verify that VLC player indeed shuts down audio playback in .mpg format if no video is present, and fix this bug on your upcoming software version.

The Media Player this was found on is version 0.9.9 Grishenko

Thanks in advance,

Leeor Vardi.