[vlc] VLC crash bug

Danny Stocking silentfox618 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 13 00:11:34 CET 2009

Operating system: Windows XP Professional (Version 5.1) (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : Service Pack 3)
VLC Version: VLC Media Player 1.0.3 Goldeneye

I first noticed this bug one time when I was watching a video, it was just about to finish so I went to click the close button.  Apparently I clicked it at exactly the wrong time (right when the video finished) and it resulted in VLC "not responding".  I tried to duplicate it and it was relatively easy.

How to duplicate:
1) Open a video file using VLC (.avi, .mp4, .mpg, .flv, I think any video file type will do)
2) Wait until the video is almost done playing, or skip to the near end
3) Before the video finishes and the video section of the player "collapses" (or whatever you want to call it) as normal, click and hold either the minimize, maximize or close button in the top-right of the window until the video finishes.
4) When you release the mouse button, VLC will now be "not responding" and need to be force quit.

VLC also crashes if you are clicking and holding the mouse button on the title bar (like you would to drag around the
window) when the movie finishes, or if you right click the title bar
sometime before the video finishes and don't click to get rid of the title
bar's menu thing before the video finishes.

When I was looking around on your website to find where to report the bug, it seemed like I was just running around in circles, so I decided to just email it here and hope you can get this to wherever it needs to go.