[vlc] How to manually select subtitle from command line

Tata Sanchez vlclistmail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:21:15 CET 2009

Can someone give an example of how to manually select a subtitle from
the VLC command line? I'm looking for the equivalent of MPlayer's
"-sid" (subtitle ID) option.

I've tried the options "--key-subtitle-track" and
"--global-key-subtitle-track", but I still get the default first
subtitle. The file I'm trying to play has three English subtitles so
specifying the subtitle language won't do. I need a way to select the
subtitle by track number from the command line.

Thanks in advance