[vlc] Bug report

Claudiu Roman tui_pro_semper at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 18:25:25 CET 2009

Hi. I have a few bugs to tell you about. I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64, VLC 0.9.8a, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, Ati Radeon X1900XTX and an onboard Realtek HD soundcard. The bugs I wanted you to know are:
1) when I'm playing back any video (NOT in fullscreen mode) and I use CTRL + UP/DOWN to adjust the volume, the slider remains 1 strike behind (for example: I start at 100%, I hit CTRL + UP and the OSD shows the volume to be 112%, but the slider remains at 100%; if I hit CTRL + UP again, the OSD shows 125% and the slider 112%, then i hit CTRL + DOWN, the OSD shows 112% and the slider 125% (or sometimes it stays at 112% a fow more strikes and then "jumps" to where it should be))
2) if I use the equalizer on a video, it works fine. But if I hit NEXT, I have to bring up the equalizer window again, enable it and move one of the sliders a bit to activate the same preset (I don't know if this is really a bug, but it would be best if we wouldn't have to do that for every video)
3) it's not a bug, but a suggestion: it would be good if you would make it so that we can save equalizer presets and playlists
Thank you and keep up the good work. Bye.