[vlc] vlc webcam capture audio sync

RUMI Szabolcs rumi_ml at rtfm.hu
Wed Feb 18 23:57:03 CET 2009

Hello!

I'm trying to capture with a webcam using vlc under Linux
and transcode into a file.

I'm using the camera's own microphone as the audio source
which appears as /dev/dsp1 using the usb-audio driver while
the camera is /dev/video0 with the gspca-zc3xx v4l2 driver.

When capturing, the video is significantly lagged behind
the audio (~1s) and the delay even seems to be changing so
I'm afraid even this wouldn't help even if it worked:

http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2461

This also happens if I do not transcode, just use the
camera's own JPEG chroma and mux it with the audio
coming from the mic.

Any ideas or hints in fixing this?

Thanks,
Sab