[vlc] errors

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon Jan 12 20:54:36 CET 2009

Le samedi 3 janvier 2009 14:38:38 Andreas Rossing Angeltveit, vous avez
écrit :
> Hi.
>
> When I run movies in your player 0.8.6.0 I can't get out until it's
> finished. When I try to end movies before, my computer crashes. When I
> double click out of fullscreen I get black bars. Commands like ctrl alt
> delete and the windows button are useless. Please respond!

First, 0.8.6.0 is very old, and there are quite many more recent versions.

Second, VLC _cannot_, I repeat _cannot_ crash the system to the point that
Ctrl+Alt+Del does not work anymore. Operating systems have protections
against normal programs (such as VLC) doing this. This kind of problem can
only be caused by a bug in a operating system component, most likely a device
driver or some security software.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary