[vlc] VLC plugin for Internet Explorer

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Thu Jan 22 16:52:59 CET 2009

Hi,

A VLC ActiveX exists for Internet Explorer, you have to tick it during
install process. The same for Firefox/etc and VLC mozilla-plugin.

Then, you need compatible webpages which use VLC plugin. If you are a
developer, search things like:
- "Advanced use of VLC" on the wiki.videolan.org (for the JS API)
- w.v.o/ActiveX/HTML
- vlc.revolunet.com

NB1: both webplugins have the same JavaScript API
NB2: they are less stable than desktop GUI, works with VLC 0.9.8a at
least

regards,
Anthony