[vlc] audio frequency in slow motion

Steven Matthysse steven_matthysse at harvard.edu
Wed Jan 28 20:16:06 CET 2009

I can play video files in slow motion on version 0.9.8a Grishenko, but the audio pitch is reduced by the same ratio as the video speed. Other slow motion programs, like the one on Adobe Premiere Elements, permit you to maintain the normal audio pitch while still synchronizing the tempo with the slowed-down video. Does the VLC player have this feature, but I have not located it? If not, please consider it for the future, because when we slow down, for example, a ballet performance, we want the audio tempo to slow down, but not the pitch.
Steven Matthysse