[vlc] low volume

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Tue Jun 9 05:51:48 CEST 2009

Hello vlc users,

I am brand new to this list. Just joined.

I am running openSUSE 11.0 and KDE3.5. Over the years I have probably used
most graphics viewers and found some wanting. Decided I would try vlc after
hearing glowing reports about it. Tfhe setup seems complicated and very
detailed. Any how-to's help pages?

But that is not what I am asking here for now. I have very low volume on audio
(at least 1/4 of normal volume on my box. I must crank the volume all of the
way up and barely am able to hear it.

Any guidance? known problems? Would appreciate help.

Bob S

PS have other questions but that will be a new thread.