[vlc] Fw: VLC installation on SuSE 10.2

Joseph Schaffner schaffnerja at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 18:21:12 CET 2009

I located this rpm somewhere online vlc-0.9.8a-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm and extracted it to my kde desktop. The archive contains a bin folder which contains two executables: vlc and vlc wrapper. Running either program does nothing. Can you point me to an archive which will extract to a folder on my SuSE 10.2 system, please?

Thank you

SCHAFFNER