[vlc] New Features for Video Control

Marcus Lorenzoni Marcus.Lorenzoni at gmx.at
Wed Mar 18 21:03:42 CET 2009

Hello developers!

I like your tool, because you support every kind video codec that I came
across so far.

So there is only room for improvement for the user interface.

I suggest a new feature for video control:

Buttons and shortcuts for stepping forward & backward one single frame
during pause mode.

The left and right cursor keys should be used as shortcuts.

The reason is, sometimes you want to see a scene frame by frame,

especially since there is the screenshot feature.

If you want to do it very good, implement the following:

With <control> + cursor you could step 1 second,

With <ALT> + cursor you could step 1 minute.

***

I've upgraded from version 0.86 to 0.98.

There the controls for fast forward and slow motion are at the end of the
progress bar.

That is not user friendly, if you watch a Full HD video, because they are
too far away from each other.

I would suggest to bring back the controls to the button list at the bottom

and please show short cuts in the popup help.

Best Regards

Marcus