[vlc] Error on your download page

Keith Thompson kst at mib.org
Fri Mar 20 20:40:48 CET 2009

I just downloaded vlc-0.9.8a-win32.exe from your web site.  I'm using
Firefox 3.0.6 on Windows XP SP3.

Starting at:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

I clicked on the "Random mirror" download link, which sent me to:

http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/0.9.8a/win32/vlc-0.9.8a-win32.exe

which showed me the following;
Downloading from Georgia Tech, USA. Click here if your download doesn't start. Refresh the page to download from another mirror.

If you want to put a direct download link on your website, please use http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/0.9.8a/win32/vlc-0.9.8a-win32.exe .
Please don't use a direct link. This script allows us to distribute the network load across our mirrors. Thanks.

Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: connection limit exceeded for non-superusers in /var/www/local/www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php on line 137

The download was successful, but you might want to look into the
error message.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst at mib.org  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Nokia