[vlc] Deinterlace settings question on Mac

Hamel Bloom hamel at hamelbloom.com
Mon May 4 00:07:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to set my default deinterlace settings on my Mac. (My specs
are below.)

I read about doing this on Windows at http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50323
  and http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2094. At http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2094
  it says

> ... Beware, in preferences, there are two groups of options:
> video filter module video output filter module
> For display you have to tweak the latter

But there is no "video filter module video output filter module" in
the Mac VLC preferences. So, how do I make it work here? Setting
Preferences -> All -> Interface -> Video -> Filters -> Deinterlace to
"blend" seems to have no effect.

At http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51414&p=166824&hilit=interlace#p166824
, The DJ says

> Setting a deinterlace mode != enabling the deinterlace filter.

So, what does it mean to set a deinterlace mode? What does it mean to
enable a deinterlace filter? How do I set my default deinterlacing to
"blend" on a Mac so that it stays that way for clip after clip?

The DJ also says

> Don't use PMs for support questions.

What is a PM? Is this a support question?

Thanks,

Hamel

Specs:
   Mac OS X 10.5.6.