[vlc] telly on vlc-99 64-bit linux box

b-vol bvl at btconnect.com
Sun May 10 21:45:14 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I     run linux-from-scratch and I have compiled vlc-0.9.9  on an 64-bit only
amd64-bit box with linux-kernel-2.6.28.10, gcc-4.3.2.   In the past I used
kaffeine (part of ke)  for   TV   (dvb-t) but this is under development to
port to qt4  and is presently unusable.

 I   have compiled the linux-tv  applications and have the channels  scanning
utility. I have also     have a channels .conf file  and tried vlc -V xv  ~/
path-to-channels.conf              but nothing happens.

The info I have been able to garner seems to be for older versions of vlc.  I
would be grateful for some help   on using  a dvb-t usb stick  (Hauppauge
novaT ) with vlc-0.99  for telly.

yours sincerely

b-vol.