[vlc] demuxing custom meta data from MPEG TS

Gun Akkor gakkor at patton.com
Mon May 11 18:43:01 CEST 2009

Dear VLC team,

I have a MPEG TS that has some custom meta data multiplexed along with
video and audio. The meta data ES has a separate PID = 0x47. I would
like to extract this custom data and pass it to the Media Information as
Extra Metadata. What would be the best way of achieving this?

I would be willing to add this as an option to VLC and then submit it to
the community. So far I looked into the ts.c file's Demux() function,
and I can identify and extract the metadata as I parse through MPEG TS
packets. I can also create a meta data structure p_meta and add to it
using the available macros. However, I can not seem to find the right
link to pass this information to es_out module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Gun