[vlc] Question about VLC player

jimmo531 at yahoo.com jimmo531 at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 19:40:32 CEST 2009

Hello:

I have a question about the VLC media player, which is--

How do I get the player to convert/save a video stream to my computer's hard drive?

I have only ever used the VLC player to play media by right-clicking and selecting "Open With," but there are obviously other functions of the device which I have never used.

I was once told by someone there is a way to get the VLC player to play streams by entering the URL of the video, and that I may also convert & save such files to my computer's hard drive.

Here is the URL of the stream, and please outline for me, step-by-step, exactly what I should do--

rtsp://streaming.museum.tv/realvideo/mbc/breakingnews.rm

I am not very good at finding help by reading those self-help support instructions, else I wouldn't have contacted you.

Please help me just this once, as this (converting & saving of video streams) will be the situation for which I most want to use the player.

Thank you kindly,
Jim M.
Boston, Massachusetts USA