[vlc] jpg to avi

Marika Ludmann marika.ludmann at zeraxis.com
Tue May 12 10:08:14 CEST 2009

I am using vlc embedded into the browser.

There is a need for converting several .jpg files into one .avi and then
play this avi with vlc.

I have found that mencoder will do this, but I don't seem to play the
.avi in VLC.

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell -oac copy -o output2.avi

Although if I do fps=1, it will flash up with the first jpg in the
directory

Does anyone know how I can convert the jpg to avi so i can play them in
VLC? I would probably need to set somewhere how long each jpg should
play for.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Marika