[vlc] VLC help

Larry Sinagub madscientist1 at att.net
Wed May 20 15:28:31 CEST 2009

Below is a copy from your knowledge base I searched and have questions about. I highlighted the questions.  All I want to do is save new settings.

1. What and where is VLM control.  I cannot find it anywhere and a search does not show any definition or info.

2. There is no View  tab (step 1) on my menu bar or inside any of my menu tabs.  I do not have a VLM Control in any of my existing menu tabs.

3. I can adjust Brightness & Contrast on the Adjustments and Effects menu, but cannot save the settings.

4. The closest thing I can find to any of your instructions is in Tools / VLM Configurator but there is no transformation or run control (step 4).

Changing a video's brightness permanently

Here's a step by step approach. We'll use the VLM Control to choose video input and output files. We'll also use the Extended GUI option to create our effects. We'll even handle a bug that crops up when VLC reads/writes files.

Setup for broadcast.

  1.. Choose View / VLM Control . from the menu.
  2.. Type something in the Name box.
  3.. Choose an Input file by browsing to the video you want to change. Location may be an issue, so place it where the directory path is fairly short, e.g. "C:\temp" on a Windows box. When you hit Choose the Open... File dialog appears.
  4.. Run the transformation (may require to expand the window to show controls)
  5.. If output file does not maintain the changes try toggling the video overlay setting (CTRL-S - Video)
Help VideoLAN by adding to this page. Click on edit to add to this article.